Topical Vision Therapy Links
- A magnificent video narrated by George Page explaining why there’s more to good vision than 20/20.
- A wonderful interactive site with information about binocular vision and vision therapy.
- Extensive compilation of links related to Attention Deficit Disorder and the role of vision.
- An article written by Dr. Leonard J. Press to help teachers and school nurses understand the link between vision and school performance.
- Resolution by the National PTA on the importance of visual skills to school achievement,and the inadequacy of 20/20 eyesight as a sign that vision is fine.
- Resolution by the NAACP on the contribution of poor visual skills to juvenile delinquency.Includes key statements by two ophthalmologists acknowledging the ignorance in their field about the benefits of optometric vision therapy.
- Synopsis from a Harvard Graduate School of Education seminar on the crucial role of vision in learning.
- An interview with Dr. Donald Getz on the role of vision in ADD in particular, and on performance in general.
- A concise summary regarding visual dyslexia,showing that there no doubt that vision problems can seriously affect the ability to learn to read as well as read to learn.
- Very nice website from Children’s Vision Information Network about vision and reading.
- News from the American Optometric Association showing the flaws in criticism of vision therapy by Ophthalmology and Pediatrics.
- Formerly developed by Catalyst Vision, these are a series of online video courses that are oriented toward occupational therapists and educators who want to gain a greater understanding of vision as it applies to success in the classroom.
- Information about a private practice Residency program under the auspices of Southern College of Optometry
- Website of the Optometric Extension Program Foundation, containing treasures of resources involving vision education
- A link to key position papers related to vision therapy by the American Academy of Optometry
Dr. Amy Pruszenksi has several excellent research links to Acquired Brain Injury and to Learning Disabilities on the Visual Victory Training’s Website.